Sunday 29 September 2013

APR Stage I - The Beginning

APR Stage I badge

So what does this mean for a mere mortals? :-)
APR it's a global company, that tightly working with the Volkswagen group in order to provide high quality aftermarket performance products for Audi, VW, SEAT, Skoda and Porsche vehicles.
It provides hardware and software components that perfectly work together.
My previous car (SEAT Ibiza Cupra 1.4TSI twin-charger) was with APR Stage I engine management software and I was more than happy with it.
So for this car I decided to stay with APR  - simply because I trust them. My Ibiza Cupra passed more than 55K km. on their software without any problems.

OK. "Stage I" - what is this exactly?
It's an ECU remap procedure, that allow to extract more power and flexibility from the engine hardware, than was done by the manufacturer. APR do that without any compromises in the reliability or quality - that's proven by many tests and track races for maximum endurance.

So what is outcome from this stage?
"Stage I" means: simply upgrading the existing ECU management software without doing anything else. Not touching, removing or adding physically anything into the car.
The result: up to 306 horsepower and 397 Nm of the torque. Nice achievement only by software upgrade! The real power of 2.0TFSI engine is come from 2500 rpm and it runs... to the cut-off without any problems. :-)
Now, I'm studying to control this power and starting thinking of the next Stage. :-)

Source: VAG 2.0TFSI - APR ECU Upgrade

Odometer: 14,330 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment